The baseball season is nearly upon us, and your club’s committee and numerous volunteers have been hard at work behind the scenes planning for this season. Not to mention all the hard work in the academies by our junior players in the past weeks in their off-season.
There is a bit to update on in preparation for the coming weeks, so please go through the below and any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask the club.
Expressions of Interest
So that the club can plan accordingly, if you are intending to play this season and not yet informed the club, can you please respond to advise so we can plan numbers accordingly.
We have been actively working out playing numbers, but we are aware there are people who have not yet spoken to the club or coaches directly.
The Senior season will be starting on the weekend of 8 October, and the Junior season is still being confirmed but we believe will be starting on 16 October. Please note Women’s is also still being confirmed, as last season this started later than Seniors in these grades.
Coaches are currently being finalised by the club, and once this has been confirmed we will also communicate this to you.
Division 1-3: Training has already commenced with Darren Roberts and team. Please continue to liaise with your squad on timing.
Division 4-8: Sunday, 28 August to be run for 6 weekends.
Women’s League: Sunday, 28 August to be run for 6 weekends.
Juniors U11-U17: Saturday, 3 September (for one week only to accommodate Father’s Day) and then reverts to Sundays from 11 September.
T-Ball: There will be come and try sessions organised in October that will be communicate separately.
Further communications will come once training nights have been agreed with selected coaches, teams and the club around ground use and availability, and light becomes less of an issue.
Pre-season diamond use:
Division 1-3: 10am to 12pm
Division 4-8: 12pm to 2pm
Women’s League: 2pm to 4pm
Under 11s (Minor League): 9am to 10am
Under 13s (Little League): 10:30am to 12pm
Under 14/15s (Intermediate League/Junior League): 12pm to 1:30pm
Under 17s (Senior League): 1:30pm to 3pm
Sharee Forrester, our Director of Finance is also our Uniform Co-ordinator. We have moved back to Emmsee Sportswear this season. Please contact Sharee directly if you have any uniform queries at email@example.com or Facebook messenger.
There will be an online portal for club merchandise to be released shortly. Playing tops need to be organised via Sharee directly.
This is not relevant to T-Ball, they will be communicated through separately through specific T-Ball communications in preparation for your season.
– Facilitate the recruitment and development of umpires across Senior and Junior grades of the club
– Liaise with the state body for implementation of accreditation requirements for club umpires
– Ensure rostering of club umpires is sufficient when required by state body.
– Liaise with Director of Senior Baseball Operations (Shaun Evans) on the operation of the role.
– Liaise with the Director of Junior Baseball Operations and Youth Co-ordinator to establish an effective T-Ball program
– Facilitate the operations of the club’s T-Ball program.
– Facilitate the recruitment and development of umpires for the club’s T-Ball program.
– Liaise with Director of Junior Baseball Operations (Andy Weeks) on the operation of the role.
– To provide canteen services to the club
– Develop a canteen roster (if required)
– Ordering and purchasing all canteen supplies
– Liaise with Director of In-House Operations (Andy Brown) on the operation of the role.
Social Media Manager
– Provide regular updates on the operations of the club on our social media channels as requested by the Director
– Post summaries and updates of scores and events throughout the season
– Increase activity on the public page of the club to facilitate engagement with internal and external partners.
– Liaise with Director of Administration (Scott Coxhill) on the operation of the role.
We look forward to your continued involvement in our club, and stay tuned for more updates.
Faceboook members group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1523263037904411
Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/ggcdbaseball
All the best for the upcoming season,
Golden Grove Central Districts Baseball Club Committee
PO BOX 24
SURREY DOWNS SA 5126